This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
Viseware Studios. (“Viseware”, “We”, “Us”) is a graphic design, video game maker, and creator of other related products and services. This Privacy Notice applies to personal information that we collect through our games, mobile applications, Smartwatch faces and other products (“software”).
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION VISEWARE COLLECT?
The personal information we may collect about you through the Services can fall into following general categories:1.1
1.1Information That You Provide Voluntarily
Some parts of our Services may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily. For example, we may ask for certain information in order to register an account with us, to begin playing Games, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit enquiries to us, such as:
- your name, email address or other contact details
- any information you submit to us via Game/App, Social media or via email
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be explained to you when we ask you to provide your personal information.
1.2 Information We Collect Automatically
When you use our Services, we may also collect certain information automatically from you and/or your device which may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws, such as:
- Your Service communications (e.g. in-game chats and messages with other players)
- Data and analytics about your use of our Services (e.g. in-game play progress, levels, games played, session length, preferred settings, which in-game adverts you may have viewed, in-game preferences or just game preferences, which friends you connect with, the means by which you were referred to our Services)
- Your IP address and device identifiers such as your Advertising ID, Device ID numbers (for more see here “Advertising IDs and Device IDs”)
- Your device type and the operating system that you use
- General geographic location (e.g. country or city location) based on your IP address
“Advertising ID” means the Apple Identifier for Advertisers (“IDFA”) on Apple, and Google Advertising Identity (“GAID”). These are unique identifiers for mobile devices that advertisers use for interest-based advertising. They are consistent across all apps and thus allow cross-app tracking. On Apple, you can opt out by choosing the “limit ad tracking” option in the privacy settings. On Google Android, you can opt out by choosing the “Opt out of interest based ads.” Advertising IDs are non-permanent, non-personal identifiers uniquely associated with your device. Similar technologies include tracking pixels within ads. These technologies allow companies (including marketers and advertisers) to recognize your device when you use websites and applications.
“Device identifier / information” means device type, device model, device manufacturer, device operating system and language, or other technical data like screen size, processor, or a combination of this data, available from a device for a developer to check the device’s compatibility with a particular application.
1.3 Information We Obtain From Third Party Sources
We might obtain some data from third party sources such as:
- Data we receive if you link a third-party tool with our Service (such as login using your Facebook or Google account or any other social media).
- Demographic data (such as to determine the coarse location of your IP address)
- Data to fight fraud (such as refund abuse in games)
- Data from platforms that the games run on (such as to verify payment)
- Data for advertising and analytics purposes, so we can keep improving our games
1.4 No Special Categories Of Information
We do not request or intend to collect any “special categories of information” such as any information on health, race, religion, political opinions or philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences or orientation. Please, be cautious when sharing this information about yourself (or others) in our services.
2. WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data for the following reasons:
2.1 To Provide And Operate Our Services:
- To create user accounts/profiles to enable you to play our Games
- To provide you with the correct versions of our games and/or applications (e.g. knowing which language to make our games available to you in or your current version is up to date)
- To enable you to communicate with other users (including via chat rooms, forums and/or private messages) and leaderboards local to you
- To send you service-related communications including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support/administrative messages
2.2 To Improve Our Services And Make Them More Enjoyable:
- Update and develop player profiles
- Develop and improve the Services and player experience
- To receive error messages about any issues you/your device encounters with our Services hence to enable us to fix bugs and other issues
- Manage our relationship with you
- Provide social features as part of the Services
- Customize your Services experience
- To detect and prevent illegal activities (e.g. hacking or cheating)
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide player support
- To track game installs (for purposes of measuring the effectiveness of marketing campaigns).
- Provide you offers in the Services related to other viseware products and services
- Send you related information, such as updates, security alerts, and support messages
- Enable you to communicate with other players
2.3 To Personalize Our Services:
- To remember you next time you visit one of our Services
- Communicate with you about promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services we offer
2.4 For Promotional Activities (Including Marketing And Advertising)
- To provide you with in-game offers and rewards.
- To serve you with relevant targeted advertisements (necessary to fund our Services)
- To make you offers to purchase in-game items on discount based on your in-game activity and purchase history.
- To send you marketing communications and/or newsletters about rewards and promotions if you have subscribed to them
- To comply with our legal obligations
- To exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or to protect your vital interests or those of any other person
- To prevent and/or detect fraud or fraudulent behavior
- With your consent, we may process your data for additional purposes, such as using your location based on your IP address to show you local events, and/or share your score, progress etc on your own social media platform if you choose to do so.
3.1 We use advertising to fund our Services and to make our games available for free. We show third-party advertising in our Games and also advertise our Services via third parties.
3.2 To enable us to show in-game ads, we may send your advertising ID and IP address to advertisers (or ad networks) to enable them to find appropriate ads to serve to you in our Games and on third-party properties. You can control and limit our use of your advertising ID in your device settings. viseware does not control which specific ads are shown in our games (this is controlled by ad networks).
3.3 Advertising IDs are used by ad networks for a number of purposes (please refer to the Privacy Notices of our advertising partners listed herein as “Third Parties”) including, for example, to:
(a) limit the number of times you see the same ad
(b) ensure they are dealing with humans with real devices and not automated “bots”
(c) to serve you with advertisements likely to be relevant to you based on your advertising ID, your engagement with other brands and ads which is recorded using your advertising ID, and to use your general geographic area.
(d) Other brands buy ad placements via an ad network or ad exchange to advertise their products in our products. The ad network or ad exchange acts as intermediary between the other game companies and us. In order for an ad network to charge the company purchasing the ad, clicks from the ad and potential installs of other developers’ apps are tracked. Views, clicks and installs from ads are measured using the Advertising ID.
(e) Ad networks track which games you have used to market you similar kind of games.
Your IP address is typically used by advertisers to identify your general geographic location, for example, your country, state and, sometimes, your city).
4. WHO CAN SEE YOUR DATA
Apart from Viseware, your data can be accessed by others in the following situations:
4.1 Other Players And Users
Where social features are used. Other players and users may, for example, see your profile data, in-game activities and read the messages you have posted.
4.2 Partners Working For Viseware
Viseware may partners up to other third parties to perform certain services for us. These partners process your data only at and according to our instructions in order to provide the required Service needed, such as hosting, player support, advertising, analytics and fraud prevention, multiplayer etc.
4.3 Other Companies And Public Authorities
In order to combat fraud and illegal activity, we may exchange data with other companies and organizations and provide it to public authorities in response to lawful requests.
We may also disclose your data based on your consent, to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our players or others.
4.4 ADVERTISING AND SOCIAL MEDIA PARTNERS
The Services include features from our partners, such as social media interaction tools and in-game advertising. Such partners are UnityAds, Unity Analytics, Google Play Services, These partners may access your data and operate under their own privacy policies. We encourage you to check their privacy policies to learn more about their data processing practices.
With any other person, with your consent for such disclosure.
5. HOW VISEWARE KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to protect the personal information that we collect about you and process. The measures we adopt are designed to provide a level of security appropriate for the degree of risk involved with processing your personal information. Specific measures include encrypting your personal information in transit and at rest.
5.1 Data Retention
We retain your data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Services. We will for example periodically de-identify unused game accounts and we regularly review and de-identify unnecessary data.
Note that if you ask us to remove your personal data, we will retain your data as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
6. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country of which you are a resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country.
7. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
7.1 Opt-Out Of Targeted Advertising
You can always opt-out of directed advertising in our games by checking the privacy settings of your device. Please review your device’s user manual on how to do so.
7.2 Access The Personal Data We Hold About You
Generally viseware does not store individual specific personal data directly, however If you request, we will provide you a copy of your personal data in an electronic format.
7.3 Your Other Rights
You also have the right to correct your data, have your data deleted, object how we use or share your data, and restrict how we use or share your data. If certain personal data is processed based on consent given by you, such consent can also be withdrawn by you at any time, for example in the applicable game’s settings.
We will respond to all requests within a reasonable timeframe. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact your local data protection authority within the European Economic Area for unresolved complaints.
8. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
9. AGE LIMIT
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data about or direct or target interest-based advertising to anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to use our Services. If you are under 13, please do not send any data about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address, social media links etc. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal data. If we learn that we have involuntary collected personal data relating to a child under age 13, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such personal information from our records. If you believe that we might have any data from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
10. UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, in accordance with the significance of the changes we make.
Feel free to contact us email@example.com